It’s been a while since my last post here. I’ve been quite busy added a new workshop to have a nice plice for all my toys…
I finally moved my CNC mill/table from my basement to my new workshop. I made a steel base, which I’ll cover in another post to replace the wobbly wood base I used in the basement.
I also re-wired most of the circuits :
- Added contactors to control power to the computer, control boards, motors drives and spindle
- Added a hard-wired emergency button to physically cut the power to motors / spindle. The temporary emergency was software only which wasn’t that great from a safety point of view
- Added an software controlled relay to turn the spindle cooling pump on/off
- Added a flow sensor on spindle cooling line to ensure proper coolant flow
- Added coolant temperature sensor.
- Still need to design something to read the flow sensor + temperature and send over USB to the computer for display and also provide an input to Mach4 to allow stopping in case of flow failure / high temprature (upcoming project)
- Included neutral in the 220V supply in order to run 110V (computer, pump, 5V/12V logic supplies) on the same power cord
- Added 110V out for the computer
- Made a 3d printed resin box for the switches / emergency
I still need to add a protective cover to prevent shocks