I added a puck-style probing sensor in order to quickly find the top of the raw material I'm milling. I wanted a sensor that would work on both conductive and non-conductive material and wouldn't require to remove the current tool and install my 3 axis probing tool. I quickly turned a 2" puck 626 mils thick and milled a flat on the side to attach a wire. I also designed a 3D printed holder to store the puck when not in used. I configured the input wired to the puck to be Probe 3 in Mach4. So now, when I want to probe any material height, I put the puck on the top of the material and execute a G91 G31.2 Z-2.0 F15 and when the probing is done, I can set the Z position to 0.626" I'm planning to add a custom macro in the future and get Fusion 360 to generate it at th...
I experimented inlaying different woods to produce attractive design. I decided to make a coaster so I could use it afterward. I used my upcoming company logo as the basis of the design and decided on a 4" coaster diameter, plain round for now. I used a 60 degrees v-bit, 16K RPM, 65IPM feedrate (could have gone faster but I went with safe values). I then glued the two parts together, making sure there was glue in every corner to prevent lift-up / delamination later, used regulard yellow wood glue. I then clamped overnight to allow to dry. Next morning, I used my bandsaw to remove the backing of the inlay and then sanded everything smooth using 180, 320 and 400 grit. I than applied 6 coats of glossy varnish, sanding with 600 grit in b...
Hi all, Worked a few hours on the design of the cnc machine. Added 2 extrusions on X axis + plates to build up a stiffer beam. Not sure I'm going to need it but I wanted the holes pattern to be in the side plates if needed. I also added side shields with protect the linear rails and also will stiffen the Y axis C beams. Spoiler board is quickly added, need to do pattern holes. I intend to use the machine itself to drill all the t-nut holes (same for the side shield). My goal is to build the minimum required to be able to use the machine itself to machine the rest of the parts Good night
Create Z Axis spindle plate, holder and spindle.
Fixed some constraints issues Worked on the Sub-frame and added motors
Election day today, hope we'll finally move to something else in the news (dream on...)
I settled on the Zerif theme and am currently customizing it for my content. I'm hoping to achieve the right balance between a website and a blog site
Reading the awesome Missing Manual. Looks like I'm going to have to roll out my own theme.
Ok, here's my first post on what I hope will become a website used to share information about my interests and hobbies. Over the following weeks, I'm planning to build up this web site to allow me to share information about my (many) hobbies and give me a presence on the internet