Over the last few days, I added all missing screws, normalized screws lengths and started to build my orders for material. I’m going to start with the rails / extrusions in order to build the frame.
Printing the plates using my 3D Printer
I’ve finally decided to print all parts that can fit on my 3D printer.
- Faster than manually cutting / drilling the parts
- Allows for inexpensive test-fit / changes
- Allows to use the machine itself to machine the parts using aluminium
- Not sure about the rigidity of the printed parts : will the machine be stiff enough to machine its own aluminum parts ?
- Will require complete disassembly / reassembly to replace the parts
Here’s a teaser of some motor mounts, limit switch holder / bumper being printed. I will post the video when finished