Sunday, May 19

Z axis assembly

I spent the last two evening finishing the plates for the Z axis and drilling missing holes on the backplate for the newly designed limit switches.  I also decided to use connectors for the limit switches and designed a bracket for it

I also received 2 replacement flexible coupling for the motors, this did solve a problem I had with the motors ‘wobling’ on their mount : the hole I had to enlarge on the coupling was not straight…

I assembled the Z axis tonight and I was glad to see how everything went together without a hitch.  I will do the proper wiring of the motor over the weekend along with the limit switches.  Meanhwile, here’s a short video of the Z axis moving (sorry for the audio, I will make a proper video soon)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.