Redesigning a stronger X Motor Mount

 

Uh oh…

Yesterday, I accidentally (AKA clumsily) hit the X motor mount which broke from the impact.  It was obvious that my first design wasn’t strong enough so I decided to design a beefier one tonight.  I also accounted for the coupling which is slightly longer than the one I used when designed the machine.

I then sent the job to the 3D Printer (0.3mm layers, 3 shells, 30% infill, 110mm/s low-quality print)

 

Then I threaded the holes for the screw and assembled the mount and motor on the YL plate

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *